The journey may not always be smooth, the path may not always be clear, but in every moment there is a memory waiting to be made. What we make of these moments is up to us.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Milestones, Memories, and Muscles

This week has been full of memorable events and milestones. Friday was my Dad's birthday, so we had my parents over for cake. Ian loves his PopPop and was happy to shower him with drool and baby smiles on his birthday.

Saturday Ian went to spend the day with Papa J and Grandma T (Drew's folks). He hadn't seen them since our Shealy family beach trip July 4th weekend and I needed to finish painting our bathroom and bedroom. I dropped him off in the morning and he spent all day playing with them. I finished painting our rooms and got all the art and curtains rehung. Drew spent the morning doing a landscaping job in Chapin. We took a break mid day to celebrate Dad's birthday as a family and all met at FarmBoys BBQ. Grandpa B (my grandpa), Mom, Dad, Drew, and T (my little brother) all ate our fill of yummy BBQ and headed home. Drew's back was bothering him, so he grabbed a nap and T pressure washed the house. Papa J and Grandma T wore Ian out and after a quick dinner, he went right to sleep.

Sunday AM Drew was really sore. His lower back was hurting a good bit, but he had made plans to go fishing with T. He sucked it up and they spent the AM fishing while Ian and I got ready for the cookout we were throwing for my little brother, B. B just finished up USAF Officer's Training school and came home after 6 weeks away. Midday Grandpa B, T, Drew, Mom, Dad, B, and Katie (B's girlfriend) all came and we caught up, told stories and just spent a great day together. By the end of the day Drew was hurting pretty bad and went to bed early.

Monday is Ian's day to spend with Nonny (my mom), so I took him up and got him settled with her and came to work to start my day. Drew and I work for the same company, so it isn't uncommon for him to stop by my office during the day to say hi on his breaks. Monday AM, he came in well before his break and told me he had to go home. His back was hurting too much for him to stay. We called and got him an appt with the Dr. Turns out he pulled the same muscle group he hurt Spring of 2009 when he unaligned his pelvis. Dr told him to rest until Thursday and gave a muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory. While poor Drew was feeling achey, Ianbaby was feeling icky. We realized that he is cutting 3 teeth at the same time on top! Poor little man.

Ian didn't let his teething pain hold him back though. He took his first steps on Tuesday! Beth and I were playing with him when I dropped him off. He let go of the couch and took 3 little steps to a toy before sitting down and crawling. He thought we were crazy for cheering him on, but it was so sweet. I feel so blessed that I was able to see it happen. As a working mommy, I always worry about missing these milestones. So far I have been there to see him crawl, pull up, and walk and that makes me SO happy. I don't think it will be long before my lil man is running around like crazy. He has to do something to keep up with Legree when he is with Auntie Beth. :)

All in all it was a pretty eventful week, but aside from Drew being hurt..it was full of wonderful memories. This is what life is all about. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I was there to see Ian take his first steps too! And just minutes after you were saying we only have days before he starts. How ironic!!

    ReplyDelete